With breakfast comes coffee. Well, for most anyway. As one of the best breakfast restaurants in Haverhill, our family at Raff’s Café knows coffee. And, good coffee at that. Whether you like it black or steamed with oat milk, we understand the importance of a good cup of joe. That said, we thought we would take this moment to look at some of the best quotes and fun facts centered around coffee. You’re welcome.
With anything comes facts. Coffee is no exception. Below we’ve gathered ten of the most quirky facts that you may, or may not, know about coffee.
- The first webcam focused on an office coffee pot.
In the early 1990s, the coffee in a University of Cambridge lab seemed to go awfully fast. So fast that it was nearly impossible to get a fresh cup. Enter a few genius minds with a sense of humor who developed the webcam. Although the camera was initially available internally for employees to monitor the pot, the response was tremendous. Later, the team put the cam live on the Web – a first in history.
- In Japan, bathing in coffee is customary in many spas.
- Brazil produces around one-third of the world’s coffee beans.
- Hawaii is the only U.S. state to grow coffee.
- The first coffee house was located in England and opened its doors in 1652.
- Americans consume more coffee than any other country in the world. Residents of New York take credit for drinking nearly seven times more coffee than other U.S. cities.
- The average American spends $1,192 on coffee every year. Women spend more than men.
- Globally, 2.25 billion cups of coffee are consumed each day.
- Light roast contains more caffeine than dark roast coffee. Yes, it’s true.
- Espresso originated in Italy around 1884 with a machine created by Angelo Moriondo.
Now that you have a little insight into the world of coffee, we’d like to share some famous quotes! Sure, millions are floating about, but here are a few to lighten your day.
- “People say money can’t buy happiness. They lie. Money buys coffee. Coffee makes me happy.” -Unknown
- “Coffee makes us severe, and grave, and philosophical.” – Jonathan Swift, 1722
- “Everyone should believe in something. I believe I will have another coffee” – Unknown
- “I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon.” – Ronald Reagan
- “The most dangerous drinking game is seeing how long I can go without coffee.” – Unknown
- “Caffeine and sugar, the two basic food groups.” – Laurell K. Hamilton
- “It’s amazing how the world begins to change through the eyes of a cup of coffee.” – Donna A. Favors
- “The powers of a man’s mind are directly proportional to the quantity of coffee he drinks.” – Sir James MacKintosh
- “I never laugh until I’ve had my coffee.” – Clark Gable
When it comes to the best breakfast in Haverhill, Raff’s Café is the place to be. From the freshest, made to order meals, to the best cup of coffee in town, we’ll start your day off right.